Bakuchiol is shown to reverse cellular mechanisms of facial aging according to International Journal of Cosmetic Science. Use caution when using with exposure to sunshine as it may cause blisters. We recommend using it in your night oil or cream.
Used in high-end serums and face oils at as low as .5%
This product is our best recommendation for a Vitamin A alternative.
The difference between Babchi oil and Bakuchiol is Babchi oil is a product of Bakuchi seeds and Bakuchiol is an active chemical component in it.
- Bakuchiol deeply penetrates the skin to help lessen the appearance of dark spots or areas of hyperpigmentation.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines: Like retinol, bakuchiol tells your cells to make collagen, "plumping" your skin and reducing the look of lines and wrinkles.
- Speeds up skin cell regeneration: Bakuchiol sends signals to your cells that it's time to amp up collagen production and cell turnover.
- Helps soothe and heal skin: By promoting cell turnover and healthy cell regeneration, bakuchiol helps soothe and heal your skin from the inside out.
- Suitable for all skin types: Being gentle on skin, almost anyone can use bakuchiol.
- When using Bakuchi oil, in conjunction with water (emulsion), it is critical to use a chelate. It is advised to use light minimizing container.
See the clelaters we carry: Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate & Sodium Phytate
Bakuchiol should be used at no more than between 0.5% and 1% and at a pH no greater than 6.
Gluten and palm free.
Usage: Add to the oil phase of emulsions. Do not heat to more than 50°C (122°F). Typical use level: 0.25 to 1%. Addition of a small amount of a chelating agent (e.g. 0.05% EDTA) is helpful in overcoming the coloration issue due to the presence of iron or copper. pH of final product should be < 6.0. For external use only.
Applications: Anti-blemish skin products, face creams, lotions, anti-aging & anti-wrinkle products.
Suitable for sensitive, dry, combination and normal skin types.
| Cold Pressed
INCI: s Bakuchiol
Plant used: leaves and seeds
CAS Number: 10309-37-2, 7732-18-5
Solubility: Oil Soluble
Appearance: Yellow to Amber
Country of origin: India
Storage: Protected from direct light and humidity at a temperature of 50°-77°F (10°-25°C)
Shelf life: 12 months, properly stored, in sealed container.
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate
Safety Data Sheet Download
Download COA Lot 41402210